You may see the following signs:
- Soft spongy / rotten window jambs
- Swollen skirting boards
- Cracks or softness in the gib board
- Sagging gib board ceilings
- Smell of damp
- Mould on walls/ceilings, carpet
- Timber floors softening or swelling and becoming spongy
You could be unaware that the building is decaying until after significant damage has occurred.
- Cracks in cladding material – along sheet/inter-storey/expansion joints.
- Cracks to cladding around windows and doors and at roof/wall junctions.
- Excessive mould or lichen in exterior areas can also be an indicator.
- Excessive movement of walls/joinery.
We can provide a comprehensive investigation service using both non-invasive (using an infrared camera) and invasive testing to find out the extent of the damage.